HERPETOLOGICAL RESOURCES (THR)
The first signs of invenomation after the snake byte are local acute pain and inflammation.
1. Drawing of a blood from wounds using squizing or wrawing with mouth or any vacuum drawer, during some 1-2 minutes, in order to remove some amount of venom and infecting agents. Remember, that vacuum drawer can promote local necrosis, so it must be used only in really dangerous cases, when body size of the snake is larger than 80 cm, and the bitten person has low body mass (i.e. children).
2. Oral, intramuscular of intravenous administration of Prednizolon in order to prevent shock (As soon as possible).
3. Oral or intramuscular administration of any anti-allergic medications: i.e: Suprastin, Dimedrol or Tawegil, etc (Only after administration of Prednizolon).
3. Do not move bitten part of the body as much as it is possible.
Call (010) 53-83-40 Red Cross, or 103
4. Take large amounts of non alcohol fluids: water, tea, etc.
5. Try to go to the nearest clinic
6. In the case of developing hipotensy (shock!!!) the intravenous injection of 1-2 ml of Prednizolon will more appropriate. It is important to be ready to such a situation and to keep 2-4 ampules of Prednizolon, 2-5 ml sterille injecror and bandage, as well as iodine or 96 % alcohol.
Site is uploaded 05.08.2004
Last updated 01.04.2010.
© Tigran L.Tadevosyan, 2004-2010.